If you have invested in adding a pergola to your backyard then you’re probably wondering what accessories that you can add to ensure that you get the most enjoyment out of it!
I’ve compiled a list of the best pergola accessories you can add to these structures. By enhancing a pergola’s atmosphere, you can create a more enjoyable space that encourages you to spend more time outdoors!
1. Best Accessory for Enhanced Leisure: Y-Stop Hammock Chair
Adding a hanging chair can enhance your pergola for outdoor leisure. The Y-Stop Hammock Chair is one of my picks as one of the best pergola accessories due to its adaptable nature.
It can hold up to 320 pounds, making it ideal for adults, children, and pets who want to relax!
This hammock chair has a durable 40-inch hardwood spreader rod capable of withstanding wear and tear below its weight limitations. Hanging it from the ceiling pillars allows you to save floor space.
The chair’s polyester and cotton blend won’t tear and easily or emit foul odors.
- Product Dimensions: chair measures 50 inches high
- Product Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Material: polyester, cotton
- Two 18 x 18 pillows
- Weight Capacity: 320 pounds
- Colors: Beige, light grey, or dark grey
- The lightweight seat weighs 3.5 pounds
- Maximum weight capacity: 320 pounds
- Polyester and cotton material for enhanced softness
- Its hammock chair measures 50 inches
- Ideal for outdoor and indoor use
- The rope might not stay in place
- Its pillows might not be firm
- Installation might be challenging
- It might be too small for some users
2. Best Option for Outdoor Elements: SUAKY Exterior Blackout Roller Shades
One accessory some people might find excellent for enhanced shade and privacy is the SUAKY Exterior Blackout Roller Shades. Although many pergolas have exposed entrance ways, some people might prefer keeping these areas sealed whenever they want.
Its blackout fabric can reduce the heat inside your pergola and block out UV light, making it ideal for the hottest days. It isn’t see-through, making it ideal for privacy. It also has windproof accessories that prevent swaying.
Its design incorporates windproof accessories at its bottom to prevent inconvenient gusts from disrupting its placement. This enhanced protection might be ideal if you live near locations with extreme weather patterns.
- Customizable Length Dimensions: 30 to 118 inches
- Custom Width Dimensions: 20 to 94 inches
- Colors: White, grey, beige, or light blue
- Easy assembly
- Blackout fabric reduces heat
- Incorporates UV protection
- Holders keep the shades secure
- Customizable outdoor mount measurements
- The unwinding lever might not revolve efficiently
- It might not be compatible with some pergola sizes
3. Best Lights that Save Space: Goal Zero Crush Light Chroma Solar Powered Lantern
Another item on this list that qualifies as one of the best pergola accessories is the Goal Zero Crush Light Chroma Solar Powered Lantern. These hangable lights might be ideal for giving your pergola a campsite aesthetic with its built-in candle flicker mode.
These lanterns might be ideal for people who want to preserve their light’s power. You can charge them with sunlight with its built-in solar panels or through a USB port. It collapses to half an inch for easy storage.
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 7 x 1 inches
- Weight: 8 grams
- Runtime: 35 hours at its lowest setting
- USB charging time: 3.5 hours
- Six color modes, plus a multi-fade feature
- Collapsable and compact for storage
- Charges with solar energy or through a USB port
- It uses 60 lumens at its highest setting
- 35-hour runtime on low
- Some users might experience short life spans for their lights
- It might not be ideal as a primary light source
- The handle might break
- One button control makes it challenging to use
4. Best for Sunlight Blocking: RYB HOME Outdoor Curtains
If you prefer giving your pergola an elegant touch, you might want to consider placing RYB HOME Outdoor Curtains to enhance its atmosphere. It’s available in ten colors, giving homeowners a diverse palette choice for their pergola.
One feature you might enjoy from these curtains is their sunlight blocking capabilities. They can block up to 85% to 95% of sunlight, giving you the shade and privacy you need for indoor and outdoor installation. It also has excellent thermal insulation for year round temperature control.
Its firm polyester material surface is machine washable in cold water and allows users to iron or steam clean them. Both sides of the curtains are waterproof and dry fast, even when exposed to snow or rain.
It has excellent thermal insulation properties for users who want temperature control during the summer and winter.
- Product Dimensions: 52 x 120 x 0.01 inches
- Material: Polyester
- Weight: 2.55 pounds
- Top Style: Grommet
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor spaces
- Triple weave technology enhances its durability
- Waterproof polyester fabric resists wear and tear from outdoor elements
- Can block 85% to 95% sunlight
- Machine washable in cold water
- Users can quick iron or steam clean
- Thermally insulated for summer and winter conditions
- They aren’t wind resistant
- The material might snag
- The grommets might fall apart when used outdoors
- Overexposure to sunlight might fade the material
5. Best Hanging Plant Option: WIWAPLEX Macrame Plant Hanger
Sometimes, you might want to add a natural touch to your pergola to compliment your garden. The WIWAPLEX Macrame Plant Hanger is an excellent addition to your pergola at any time of the year.
You might enjoy the WIWAPLEX hanger’s natural cotton material if you want an eco-friendly accessory for your pergola. The cotton doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and won’t tear or catch fire easily.
Another specification you might enjoy is this hanger’s lightweight characteristics. You don’t have to worry about installing heavy devices that might damage the ceiling structures for your pergola. The simple white coloring adds regal simplicity that contrasts with most structures or lights.
- Product Dimensions: 40 inches
- Material: cotton, jute
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Suitable for planters with 10-inch diameters
- Its length measures 40 inches
- Supports most round and square pot designs
- Excellent for indoor and outdoor use
- It’s capable of holding a decent amount of weight
- Available as a two-pack
- They might be prone to hanging too close to ceilings or support beams
- It might be challenging to clean the hangers once dirt and water mix into them
- It might not be suitable for some flower pots
6. Best Lights with an Organic Appearance: FELISHINE 8 Pack Solar Mason Jar Lid String Lights
Another pergola accessory I recommend for maximizing your summer nights is FELISHINE’s 8-Pack Solar Mason Jar Lid String Lights. These lights might be an ideal fit if you want to place lights that emulate firefly-lit nights.
Each copper and plastic wire has 15 LED bulbs with a 12-hour battery life and charge in the sun within six to eight hours. Although a lot of its visual appeal occurs when placed in a mason jar, you can decorate your pergola by hanging them freely.
Another feature that might appeal to you is its automatic power features! These lights turn off at dawn and turn on by dusk, allowing you to save extra battery life.
- Product Dimensions: 5.94 x 4.41 x 3.66 inches
- Weight: 14 ounces
- Wire Material: copper, plastic
- Voltage: 120V
- Solar Charging Time: 6-8 hours
- Runtime: 8-12 hours
- LED lights for enhanced brightness and longevity
- It uses one button to switch power settings
- Built-in light sensor turns it on at dusk and turns off at dawn
- They can fit inside of most mason jars
- The waterproof lid prevents rusting
- Their handles might break
- Some people might have trouble charging it with solar power
7. Best Accessory for Rainy Days: Marrgon Copper Rain Chain
Another one of the best pergola accessories you should consider adding is the Marrgon Copper Rain Chain. You might find these tools helpful in redirecting rainwater from specific areas. You can also incorporate them to create a makeshift waterfall display.
As the rain chain collects and pours water, it produces a relaxing chime sound. This feature might be ideal if you want to use your pergola as a meditation space and incorporate natural sounds to enhance your tranquility.
Depending on your pergola’s dimensions, you can adjust the rain chain’s length to accommodate convenient water distribution. The easy assembly encourages customization as you can adjust the distance between each cup to match your aesthetic preferences.
- Product Dimensions: 2.7 x 3 x 3.5 inches
- Material: copper
- Product Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Chain Length: 6.5 – 8.5 inches
- Its chain adjusts to lengths between 6.5 and 8.5 inches
- Antimicrobia copper ensures safe and clean rainwater harvesting
- The chains can produce a chime as rainwater hits them
- Its drop anchor is ideal for windy conditions
- You might need to buy chain extensions for taller pergolas
- The copper might corrode over time
- The cup size might be too small for some users
8. Best Option for Pergola Greenery: LOMIRO Artificial Vines
Another way to enhance your pergola is by adding plants on top of its rafters. LOMIRO’s Artificial Vines are ideal for homeowners who don’t want to damage their hanging foliage in lousy weather.
These vines encourage customization with their bendable stems, allowing you to decorate most surfaces. Their fabric is durable and can give your space a natural look. This feature might be ideal when you want to wrap it around your pergola pillar or want to hang it from its top like a curtain.
These vines way less than a pound and won’t take up much space when you don’t want to use every strand when you decorate your pergola.
- Vine Length: seven feet per vine
- Product Weight: Seven ounces per vine
- Leaf Width: 1.4 to 1.8 inches
- 40 leaves per vine
- Bendable stems
- Material: fabric
- Available in a 12-pack
- It weighs about seven ounces
- You can bend and shape the stems for any style
- Each vine measures seven feet in length
- Excellent for indoor and outdoor placement
- You can hang them on most surfaces
- It doesn’t take up much space
- They might leave an odor when you start using them
- It might be challenging to hang without hooks or tape
9. Most Valuable Option for Nature Lovers: Solution4Patio White Swing Bird Feeder
The Solution4Patio Bird Feeder is another excellent candidate for this compilation of the best pergola accessories. Its garden swing design incorporates a mesh bottom that provides excellent air circulation and water drainage while keeping the seeds intact.
One feature that you might enjoy is its two feeder spaces. Its large capacity allows several birds to eat at a time. Its pine aroma also attracts birds towards it. You might want to hang it in a vacant area near your pergola, so you don’t scare them away.
Its compact size and color make it compatible with other accessories or furniture for your home’s pergola. Its handcrafted build might also give your space a more natural touch.
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 7.7 x 8.3 inches
- Product Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Material: Wood
- Weight Capacity: 5 pounds
- Two feeding receptacles
- Mesh bottom for water drainage and air circulation
- The pinewood scent attracts birds
- Capable of feeding 8-10 birds at a time
- Sturdy wood withstands most weather
- Mesh bottom provides excellent air circulation and water drainage
- It’s easy to clean
- Its ropes might become uneven
- It isn’t weighted and is susceptible to powerful gusts
- It might be prone to growing mold
- The wood’s paint might chip or crack over time
Our top pick in this roundup is the Marrgon Copper Rain Chains due to their ability to use the rain to make your pergola feel more serene by appealing to your auditory senses.
Accessories that incorporate nature make your property feel more unique and organic!
Whatever you choose, there are many ways you can make your pergola more appealing for you and your guests. Some accessories might make the space less barren, more comfortable, or help you protect the furniture inside it from outdoor inconveniences.