On average, toilets can last for 12 to 15 years. But 12 years is a long time, and bathroom trends can fall by the wayside in just even a year. The last time you looked at your toilet, did it really match what you envisioned for your bathroom?
If it didn’t, then it might be time to replace your toilet. Most people can install a toilet themselves, but it is a lot of work. How much does Lowe’s charge to install a toilet?
Lowe’s does not have a set price for toilet installation. The price to install a toilet using Lowe’s depends on the toilet, if there are any other amenities to add, and if the old toilet needs to be removed as well.
When the Lowe’s contractor installs your toilet, then the installation process will come with a 1-year labor warranty. Also, because Lowe’s contractors and installers are entering people’s homes, every employee and contractor have their background checked.
It is difficult to find the price of a simple toilet installation by a Lowe’s employee. When you visit Lowe’s website and look at toilet installation services, the website will have you fill out a form describing the project along with your name and address.
If needed, you will receive an email asking for pictures of the space where the project is to happen.
We found some reviews from people online who had their toilets installed by Lowe’s contractors. Most people had their toilets installed at several prices, which range between $225 and $530.
However, these prices include other services along with toilet installation. But we found that a toilet installation performed by a Lowe’s contractor generally costs around $180.
$180 to install a toilet may seem like a lot, but you will not have to do anything in the installation process.
They will carry it up to your bathroom if the toilet is going to be on the second floor and they will inspect the area around the toilet to see if there’re any issues with the flooring or the wood.
Along with toilet insulation, Lowe provides several additional services at the toilet installation price.
After you purchase the toilet from Lowe’s, Lowe’s will schedule a van to pack and ship the toilet to your home. Along with the delivery, the Lowe’s employee who installs your toilet will remove your old toilet.
Delivery and toilet removal can also be separate services. If the contractor finds that the wood around the toilet is rotting or the flooring is giving away, there are additional services you can request to repair the floor around the toilet. When the toilet is installed, they will test it to ensure that everything is in proper working order.
Lowe’s also offers several related services to both toilet installation and bathroom remodeling. If you also want your bathtub replaced along with your toilet, you can schedule a bathtub removal and installation service on the same day as your toilet installation.
But that’s not all. If there are issues with the plumbing, a plumber from Lowe’s can either fix the pipes or unclog them.
Lowe’s also provides a 1-year guarantee for all their services. If you notice there is something wrong with the toilet, a contractor will service it at no charge.
Lowe’s vs. Home Depot Toilet Installation
Home Depot and Lowe’s both have similar home remodeling, home repair, and fixture installation services.
But each store will have different prices. For example, Lowe’s and Home Depot both offer toilet installation services, but Lowe’s charges around $180 to install a toilet while Home Depot only charges $100.
Home Depot and Lowe’s both have price matching guarantees. A price matching guarantee means if a customer finds an item at that store that is priced lower than another store, the customer will be charged the cheaper price and not the higher price.
However, this price guarantee does not include services, only products. So if you find that Lowe’s charges $180 for toilet installation but Home Depot charges $100, you cannot request the manager of the services section at Lowe’s to lower the price of the toilet installation service.
How Long Does It Take To Install a Toilet?
Installing a toilet does not take very long. At most, installing a toilet will take 2 hours, but it shouldn’t take that long.
Some contractors can install a toilet in less than 45 minutes. If the contractor has to remove the old toilet and replace some old piping, then that will add to the time to complete the toilet.
Lowe’s carries many toilet brands in both their stores and their warehouses. A customer can order a toilet from the website and have it shipped to the Lowe’s store. They can also have it shipped to their home for a fee.
Here is a list of what is available on the Lowe’s website:
- Regular toilets – Low-flow toilets, dual flush toilets, mechanical toilets, touchless flushing toilets, ceramic toilets, porcelain toilets, toilets that hang from the wall, chair height, and children’s toilets
- ADA-compliant toilets – These types of toilets are like chair-height toilets. Unlike chair-height toilets, however, an ADA-compliant toilet must match the exact requirements put forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Chair height toilets – This is a toilet that is lower to the ground than the average chair. It may be difficult for elderly people and disabled people to bend to sit on a toilet without falling. Chair-height toilets make it easy to sit down. Higher toilets also make it easy for people in electric wheelchairs to transfer their bodies from the electric wheelchair to the toilet and back.
- Toilets with bidet functions – These types of toilets are becoming more and more popular, especially as cleanliness and hygiene is becoming more important. Plus, a toilet with a bidet function does not require as much toilet paper, so you can save money in the long run.
- Bidets – Purchasing a bidet will absolutely change your life! The difference between a toilet and a bidet is that the bidet is easier to clean and will have more options and settings.
- Urinals – You can either replace your existing toilet with a urinal or half a urinal place next to the toilet.
Conclusion to How Much Lowe’s Charges to Install a Toilet
Hiring a Lowe’s contractor to install a toilet will cost around $180. Removing the old toilet and shipping the toilet from the Lowe’s store to your home are extra charges and not part of the installation price.
There are six different toilets available at Lowe’s stores or online on the Lowe’s website.
If you’re worried about an employee coming into your home, every Lowe’s employee is background checked and insured. Lowe’s has a price match guarantee, but that only applies to products and not services.